Starting a blog is super easy nowadays. All you need is a hosting plan, which costs as low as $5 USD per month, and WordPress. WordPress is completely free to use and is intuitive enough that you don't need a Computer Science degree to use it effectively. Without a shadow of a doubt, the hardest part about writing a blog is finding something interesting to write about.
To help get you narrow down on a topic, first decide the length of the post you would like to write. Now, many sources will tell you that long-form (1500+ word) articles are best for SEO. However, through painful trial and error, I discovered that this is not universally true. Some content for certain topics is much better in short form.
I used to spend hours crafting long-form blog posts that failed to rank or get any traffic at all. It wasn't until I fine-tuned my approach and wrote just enough words to get my point across, that I started generating traffic and revenue from my blog.
In short, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to content creation. You will only discover what works for your audience by publishing a variety of content and monitoring feedback. To aid in jump-starting your beautifully creative minds, here are some cool, interesting blog topic ideas.
1. How to make Macaroni Pizza
2. Guide on setting up a WordPress site
3. Your tips on saving money while travelling
4. How To Choose The Right CRM
5. Best Way To Avoid Politics At Thanksgiving Dinner
6. How to start an LLC in your home state
7. Tips for crafting the perfect resume
8. When should you use a web app vs a mobile app
9. Adding RAM to your laptop
10. Best gaming laptop
11. Best places to travel in South Florida
12. Fun things to do at Legoland
13. How to find appropriate music for the workplace
14. Ultimate guide to social media marketing
15. Parents' guide to Tik Tok
16. Boost your credit score
17. How to get a decent rate on your mortgage
18. The worst president in the United States of America
19. Save money at the gas pump
20. Lose weight while working full time and parenting
21. Add parental controls on an iPhone
22. Learning a new language in 30 days
23. How to choose a major that you like and will make money
24. Gamer guide to dating
25. How to change careers in your 50s
26. How to save money on groceries
27. How to automate redundant tasks in Excel
30. The worst dress to wear to an office party
31. The best hairstyle for natural hair in the summer
32. Best video games for generation X
33. Opening a professional lemonade stand
34. Listing of the richest people in the world
35. Erasing data completely from your computer
36. Removing the guilt from requesting PTO
37. Eating healthy while on a road trip
38. Reducing TV time for the kids
Everyone has their own creative process. I grab a Monster, my favorite mouse, and laptop. From there, I look for trending topics on Google, and a few other relevant new outlets, then start freewriting.
Your process may be less caffeine fueled than mine, but whatever it is, make sure you get into a routine with it. Set a publishing schedule and stick to it. NEVER miss a deadline! The moment you do, you are likely to miss another...and another, and eventually you won't publish frequently enough to establish a reader base.
Use some of the ideas in this post to get started. Remember, bloggers have the unique superpower of crafting the information the entire world consumes. People are more likely to Google a topic than they are to find a book about at their local library about it. Use that superpower wisely and liberally!